INDEPENDENT INSPECTIONS AT ALL STAGES OF CONSTRUCTION
Independent Inspections are essential at all stages of construction for new homes and townhouses.
Building a new home is the largest financial commitment most people make in their lives.
The Finalinspect philosophy is – “if a job’s worth doing, it’s worth doing properly”. Close enough is simply not good enough when you consider the amount of money you are paying for a new home, town house, apartment or unit.
We never lose sight of the fact that all new homes, town houses, apartments and units must be built in a proper and workmanlike manner and strictly in accordance with the relevant building plans and specifications.
We recommend to clients engaging builders to construct new homes or town houses, to arrange for Finalinspect to complete independent inspections at all stages of construction while their new homes or town houses are being built. We are then able to provide clients with a detailed typed inspection report prior to them handing the relevant stage payment to their builder.
A thorough building inspection report produced by Finalinspect will outline all visible and audible defects at each stage of construction and state why they are defects. The report also states what the builder should do to rectify the defects that we have observed on site.
Home owners can then forward this report to their builder and request all observed defects are rectified prior to handing over the relevant stage payment to the builder. This can save new home owners thousands of dollars.
Finalinspect uses a comprehensive inspection checklist that has been progressively refined and updated over many years.
At the completion of each of the relevant stages of construction (i.e. base stage, frame stage, lock up stage, fixing stage and pre handover stage) Finalinspect provides clients with a detailed building inspection report that contains the following:
- A clear description of each defect – what each defect is and where each defect is located.
- An explanation as to why specific building works or finishes are defective – Finalinspect provides you with the relevant sections of the National Code of Australia (NCA) and Australian Standards and Tolerances that the builder has not complied with.
- A concise recommendation – Finalinspect outlines in detail and in plain English what the Builder has to do to rectify each defect.
- Advice regarding payment – Finalinspect will advise in writing whether or not the relevant stage has been fully completed. If there are either defective building works or outstanding building works identified at the relevant stage inspection, Finalinspect will recommend that the relevant stage payment is deferred until all defects have been properly rectified and all outstanding works at the relevant stage have been fully completed.
The main benefits of engaging Finalinspect to inspect all stages of construction are:
- It sends a very definite message to the builder that you are serious about having your new home built properly at all stages of construction – Builders definitely pay more attention to making sure your home is built compliant with the National Construction Code (NCC) and all relevant Australian Standards when they know that you are personally paying for a completely independent consultant from Finalinspect to thoroughly inspect and report on every stage of construction.
- Finalinspect spend the time attending all building site inspections when you do not have the time – Many of our clients regularly work overseas and / or interstate and do not have the time to keep an eye on their homes while they are being constructed. As your appointed representative, Finalinspect closely observes all stages of construction and makes sure that all defects are promptly and properly rectified.
- Ongoing advice and support during construction – When clients engage Finalinspect to inspect and report on all stages of construction while their new home is being constructed, they may contact Finalinspect at any time during construction if they have any specific questions or concerns while their new home is being built.
- This advisory service is provided free to all clients engaging Finalinspect to inspect all stages of construction. And unlike most builders, we are available to talk to you 7 days a week, including after hours.
If you would like to talk to us about arranging independent inspections of your new home or townhouse at each stage of construction, call us now on 0408 132 152.