Why Choose Finalinspect?
The reasons why you should choose Finalinspect to inspect the residential, commercial or industrial building that you either own or are interested in purchasing:
We are building inspection specialists.
- Finalinspect is a registered business that specialises in thoroughly inspecting and reporting on the structure, finish, condition and safety of new and older established homes, town houses, apartments and units as well as inspecting and reporting on the structure, finish, condition and safety of shops, warehouses, factories and commercial offices throughout metropolitan Melbourne, Victoria.
- While many builders and architects conduct building inspections to generate income in addition to what they generate from their main businesses (i.e. building and designing homes), conducting thorough building inspections and producing comprehensive, accurate and completely independent building inspection reports is Finalinspect’s core business.
- We have many years of experience inspecting new residential, commercial and industrial buildings at all stages of construction (e.g. base stage, frame stage, lock up stage, fixing stage and final inspection stage) and conducting pre purchase inspections on new and older established residential, commercial and industrial buildings (before our clients purchase them) and producing professional, comprehensive, plain English, typed inspection reports.
- Finalinspect is committed to keeping fully up to date with the latest releases of the National Construction Code / Building Code of Australia, relevant Australian Standards and Guides to Standards and Tolerances.
- Finalinspect is a long standing member of the Housing Industry Association (HIA Member No.876406).
- Membership of the HIA further assists Finalinspect in keeping up to date with the latest building industry trends, developments and improvements in the building materials and practices used in the construction of homes, town houses, apartments, units, shops, warehouses, factories and commercial offices.
Our building inspectors are highly trained and very experienced.
All of our inspectors:
- Have at least 30 years of relevant experience in the residential, commercial and industrial construction industry.
- Have each inspected and reported on defects in relation to new and older established residential, commercial and industrial buildings for at least 20 years out of their total of 30 years of experience in the construction industry.
- Have each inspected at least 8,000 residential, commercial or industrial buildings in the last 20 years.
- Have extensive experience inspecting a range of residential, commercial and industrial buildings including homes, town houses, apartments, units, shops, warehouses, factories and commercial offices.
- Are experts at interpreting and cross referencing all defects identified during building inspections to relevant sections of the National Construction Code / Building Code of Australia, Australian Standards, Industry Standards and Tolerances, The Domestic Buildings and Tribunal Act 1995 and the Building Act 1993.
- Are committed to ongoing education in the building industry.
- Have considerable experience assisting clients in preparing cases (i.e. building disputes) to be heard at the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) and appearing as expert witnesses in VCAT hearings and in courtroom hearings.
- Are covered by substantial Liability Insurance cover.
- Are completely independent and do not work for builders or developers in any way.
- Use only high quality, highly accurate measuring equipment on site (e.g. laser measuring tools to check room sizes, ceiling heights and the levels of internal floors and moisture meters to test for leaks and water damage).
Our building inspections and reports are extremely thorough and detailed.
- All of our home, town house, apartment and unit inspections and reports comply with, and exceed, the relevant Australian Industry Standard AS 4349.1 (Inspection of Buildings, Property Inspections – Residential Buildings).
- When we inspect commercial and industrial buildings we thoroughly check that the premises are structurally sound, weatherproof and safe for employers and employees to work in.
- We very carefully and systematically inspect each home, town house, apartment, unit, shop, warehouse, factory and commercial office and do not leave the property until we have thoroughly examined everything outlined in our detailed inspection checklists.
- Our detailed inspection checklists (i.e. our intellectual property) have been progressively and meticulously refined and updated over many years.
- Unlike some building inspection firms, once we have provided you with a fixed quote to inspect a home, town house, apartment, unit, shop, warehouse, factory or commercial office (which is based on the size of the building), we inspect the building for as long as it takes to fully detail all defects and list all items requiring either rectification and / or maintenance.
- The Finalinspect inspection process involves a comprehensive check of the inside and outside of the relevant building(s) as well as the surrounding land upon which the building(s) are constructed.
- We inspect all visible:
- External surfaces of the building and surrounds including: roof line, flashing, eaves, gutters, downpipes, walls, windows, glazing, doors, stairs, porches, balconies, safety barriers, paint finish, boundary fences, security systems, security doors and fire exits, car accommodation, clothes lines, council crossings and footpaths, driveways, landscaping, paths/paving, retaining walls, steps, stormwater run-off, drainage and taps etc.
- Internal surfaces of the building including: ceilings, cornice, walls, architraves, skirting boards, floor structure and covering, cupboards, drawers, shelving, wardrobes, vanity units, fly screens, ventilation, paint finish, doors, windows, glazing, stairs, fittings, smoke alarms, security systems and appliances etc.
- We also pay particular attention to defects or building materials inside a home, town house, apartment, unit, shop, warehouse, factory or commercial office that may cause serious health problems for owners, tenants and / or employees (e.g. asbestos).
- If relevant and accessible, we also thoroughly inspect the roof space and subfloor space for any defects. Finalinspect welcomes the presence of clients while the building inspection is being conducted.
Our reports are easy to read and understand.
- All defects associated with homes, town houses, apartments, units, shops, warehouses, factories and commercial offices are fully detailed in the Finalinspect inspection report which is written in plain English.
- We then state specifically what rectification and / or maintenance works need to be carried out to either rectify the identified defects or properly maintain the building and property.
- If you are building a new home, town house, apartment, unit, shop, warehouse, factory or commercial office and the builder or developer is not prepared to rectify the defects we have listed in the building inspection report, or you are not satisfied with the quality or finish of the rectification works performed by the builder or developer, we recommend that you contact Finalinspect immediately to discuss your concerns and your next course of action.
- Finalinspect has considerable experience advising and guiding clients who are preparing, or considering preparing, for their building dispute to be heard at the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) or in a courtroom hearing.
We are always punctual and deliver our reports to you on time.
- When we make an appointment to meet you or a person nominated by you at a building site or property we will be there at the specified time.
- We then agree on a date and time when you will receive the inspection report and we deliver that report to you on time.
- If you require an urgent building inspection and report, we can usually meet your need within 24 hours.
Finalinspect is completely independent.
- We only work for our clients who currently occupy or are about to purchase a home, town house, apartment, unit, shop, warehouse, factory or commercial office.
- We do not recommend specific builders or tradespersons who carry out rectification and/ or maintenance work.
- We are not linked in any way to builders or developers.
- We are completely independent from the Victorian Building Authority (VBA).
- In our opinion, it is a conflict of interest to be registered or associated in any way with the same body that registers the builders who are supposed to be properly building homes and don’t and the surveyors who are supposed to be thoroughly checking the work completed by builders and don’t.
- We provide open, honest, completely independent and unfettered advice.