New Home & Apartment Inspections in Melbourne, VIC
New Home Inspections (that are completely independent) are essential when you are building a new home.
When you are employing a builder to construct your new home that costs a lot of money, it is very important that you have someone you can rely on to make sure that your new home is being properly built compliant with the National Construction Code (NCC), The Building Code of Australia, all relevant building codes and Australian standards and relevant manufacturer’s installation instructions.
As there are hundreds of building codes and Australian standards that are relevant when a new home is being built, it is essential that you have an experienced building consultant watching over your home as it is being constructed and ensuring that your largest investment is being constructed compliant with the building plans and engineer’s drawings and specifications.
New Home Inspections Are Our Core Business.
Finalinspect specialises in inspecting new homes, townhouses and apartments at all stages of construction and is the leading firm in the new home inspection industry.
New home inspections have been our core business for many years.
We inspect and report on the quality and finish of all stages of construction including the base or slab stage, the frame stage, the lock up stage, the fixing stage and at the pre handover stage (also called the final inspection or PCI inspection).
Our clients are then very well equipped to go back to their builders in a much more informed way and defer handing over the relevant stage payment until all relevant defects have been rectified and all outstanding works at the relevant stage have been fully and properly completed.
The benefits of using Finalinspect to inspect your new home.
- Finalinspect is completely independent. We only work for you to make sure that builders fully and properly construct and finish the new home that you have worked very hard to pay for.
- All of our inspectors have at least 30 years of relevant experience in the residential construction industry.
- We have extensive experience inspecting a range of residential buildings including homes, town houses, apartments and units.
- Our building inspection experts have considerable experience assisting clients in preparing cases (i.e. building disputes) to be heard in the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) and appearing as expert witnesses in VCAT and courtroom hearings.
- We are Melbourne’s leading experts at interpreting and cross referencing all defects identified during building inspections to relevant sections of the National Construction Code (BCA), Australian Standards and various Industry Standards and Tolerances and various manufacturer’s product installation instructions.
- Finalinspect building inspectors only use high quality, highly accurate measuring equipment on site (e.g. laser measuring tools to check room sizes, ceiling heights and the levels of internal floors and moisture meters to test for leaks and water damage).
- Our building inspectors are covered by substantial Liability Insurance cover.
- Finalinspect is also a long standing member of the Housing Industry Association (HIA). HIA Membership Number 876406.
- We provide a free telephone advisory service to all clients (if they have any further questions or concerns in relation to their new home), for up to 6 years after they move in to their new home.
- Our inspections are very thorough. We inspect the outside of each building, the inside of the dwelling, inside the roof space and in the sub floor area (if there is reasonable and safe access). We also inspect and report on the land surrounding the building (e.g. the adequacy of site drainage).
- In our reports, we outline what the defects are and state exactly where they are located, why they are defects (e.g. by reference to specific sections of the National Construction Code and relevant Australian Standards etc.), and what the builder should do to rectify identified defects.
- All of our house inspections and reports comply with, and exceed, the relevant Australian Industry Standard AS 4349.1 (Inspection of Buildings, Property Inspections, Residential Buildings).
- Our building inspection reports are promptly emailed to our clients, usually within 24 – 48 hours of conducting the building inspection.
- Our new home inspections are carried out all over metropolitan Melbourne and country Victoria. Our two offices are located primarily to assist clients building new homes in the Eastern Suburbs and across the Mornington Peninsula.
In summary, it is our specialised experience inspecting and reporting on new homes, townhouses and apartments and our commitment to providing very high levels of service in the building industry that makes our service unique and sets us apart from our competitors.
If you would like to arrange for Finalinspect to inspect your new home or town house at the completion of one or more stages of construction or at pre-settlement, please contact us on 0408 132 152