The frame stage inspection is one of the most important inspections during construction.
After the concrete slab for a new home has been poured and finished, it is usually only a couple of days before the framing contractors arrive on the building site to construct and erect the frame (frame stage).
As the heavy external brick walls are fixed to the frame and the frame carries a lot of load (e.g. the weight of a concrete tiled roof and / or the weight of a first floor), it is absolutely essential that the frame is correctly constructed, braced, aligned and fixed to the concrete slab base.
Arranging for the frame of your new home to be thoroughly inspected and reported on by an independent building inspector, before the external walls are fixed to the frame and before the plasterboard is fixed to the frame, is therefore strongly recommended.
The items that need to be thoroughly checked before the external walls are fixed to to the frame and before the plasterboard is fixed to the frame inside the house include (but are not limited to) the following:
- The height of all ceilings and room sizes.
- Correct alignment and fixing of the frame to the concrete slab and / or base brickwork and stumps / brick piers.
- The frame is level, plumb, straight and square and all bracing has been correctly installed.
- All sections of the frame are adequately fixed together.
- All fascia boards, bargeboards and gutters are correctly aligned and fixed in position
- There is no damage to the window and door frames.
- All sections of the roof trusses are correctly installed and adequately braced.
- Timber / particleboard flooring is level, properly fixed and does not move or squeak.
- The concrete slab has not been damaged (e.g. cracks in the slab and chips out of the slab).
- The insulation wrap around the frame has not been torn (this can only be inspected before the plasterboard is fitted to the frame inside the home).
- The correct location of plumbing waste outlets.
Finalinspect can complete a thorough and independent inspection of the frame stage before the external walls are fixed to the frame and before the plasterboard is fixed to the frame inside the house, and then prepare a detailed typed report for you that is ready to hand directly to your builder.
We ensure that the frame has been completed compliant with the relevant Australian Standards, the Building Code of Australia (BCA) and the relevant engineer’s drawings and specifications.
To arrange an inspection, please call us now on 0408 132 152